Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 277 - 2010 Year in Review

I really enjoyed 2010.  I got to meet more people, experience new places, and spend time with my favorite people.  Here's a recap:

January: Joey, Stephanie, and I headed up to Purdue (twice, actually) to see the always entertaining Lady GaGa!

February: Cierra and I got to fly out to Seattle with Ana for her engagement ceremony (to Sunny).  What a fabulous weekend that was!  I had never been to an Indian ceremony or celebration of any kind, but I'm glad I was there as a friend and photographer! :)

March: I created my own Murder Mystery game and hosted a party for my friends and I.

April: Bridget and I went on a great pilgrimage on Holy Thursday with the Theology on Tap group.  We took a school bus to 7 churches in the Downtown Indy area to visit the Alter(s) in/of Repose.  If you're interested, I highly suggest doing it this year.  Unfortunately, no photos from this night.

I also got all of my lady friends together for a night out ("cupcakes & cosmos")!  We went to Bazbeaux Pizza, The Flying Cupcake, and Scholar's Inn (used to be on Mass Ave. - now Mesh on Mass).  We had a great time!

Mom and I did Race for the Cure with about a bajillion other people!

May: My oh my, May was a good month.  My brother from another mother, Andy, tied the knot with Christine down in Jasper.  My family and I went down there and had a fantastic weekend celebrating with them!  A week after that, I had my first date with Ryne. :)

Ana, Cierra, Amethyst, and I took a trip to Chicago!  This was my second trip...ever.  The first time I went I was in 4th grade and very interested in obtaining the newest copy of "The Baby-sitter's Club."  This is as close as I could get to the dang bean.  Stupid lightning...

June: My lovely friends, Rachel and David got married!  I got to take Ryne with me, and that made it even better. :)

Bridget and I went to Italian Fest at Holy Rosary and ate so much good food!  BK really enjoyed the wine. ;)

The next day, Stephanie, my parents, and I all volunteered for Walk For Wishes (my first Make-A-Wish committee event)!  Despite the rain, we had a great turn out and a great time!

A big group of us went to see Ingrid Michaelson at The Vogue!

Oh yeah, and 10 of us went to SAINT LUCIA!!!!  The 2-5 Crew had a blast at the Windjammer Resort and especially on the boat trip with Cap'n Dell.


July: Ryne and I had a fun 4th of July weekend with two celebrations.  The first in Crawfordsville and the second at Rachel & David's in Fountain Square.  Watching the fireworks from their rooftop terrace with a glass of wine in my hand was fabulous.

I celebrated my 25th birthday with friends, family, and a delicious dinner out!

I threw a surprise going away party for Bridget (disguised as a game night) at Ryne's house!  It was so fun, even though she found out about it beforehand.

I took Ryne to Bloomington for the first time (with me - it's different when I'm showing you around)!

August: I got the Supper Club back together to take advantage of Devour Downtown.  We decided to go to Scotty's and sat outside on a beautiful night. :)

The girls and I got together for a girls' night out, but really it was a surprise bachelorette party for Ana!  She was surprised, and we ended up having a fantastic night out in Broad Ripple.

Since she's my best friend and all, I thought we'd throw her another surprise going away party.  This one was MUCH larger and definitely surprised her!  Success!

I flew out to San Diego to see Nathan, and Dave flew down from Seattle.  We had an interesting and fun weekend hanging out in Pacific Beach!

My church's annual summer festival was great - no rain this year!  The triplets came out to ride all the rides and load up on sugary goodness.  I can't believe how big they're getting! :)

September:  Ryne took me to the Kings of Leon concert, and we got to sit in the VIP box seats!

October: Ryne and I headed to Bloomington to see Ingrid Michaelson again, this time at The Bluebird.  I literally just did a whole post about this a few days ago, so go read it here. :)

Halloween was pretty awesome this year.  After several options were considered, Ryne and I decided to go as the Mad Hatter and Queen of Hearts/Red Queen from "Alice in Wonderland."  I really liked my costume, and even more since I didn't buy it - I made it!  We went to two great parties and saw a ton of creative costumes!

November: I made a cake for my dad's birthday, and it was an ooey, gooey, delicious piece of work. :)

I volunteered at the WZPL studio for the Make-A-Wish 36 hour Request-A-Thon.  My shift was the last one - Friday night from 4:00-7:00pm when everyone was calling in to get their final donations in.  The phones rang off the hook and it was a major celebration at the end!

I hosted a Halloween Luau Birthday party.  Just ask if you don't already know the story behind the theme.  :)

Straight No Chaser concert with Ryne, Stephanie, and Chris!

December: We went to the Better Than Ezra concert at The Vogue.  They are Ryne's absolute favorite band, so he was especially excited about this night out.

Christmas Reunion party!

Christmas Eve Kids' Mass! 

Tour de Food! 

Last, but certainly not least, New Year's Eve!  Stephanie and Chris hosted a super fun party full of friends, drinks, food, laughter, games, and fireworks!  I can't think of a better group to have spent NYE with!  

There are SO many pictures I wanted to post from sessions Stephanie and I did this year, but that's what the Milestone Photography blog is for!  That's a work in progress, but it'll be great to review all of the fun people we got to hang out with this year. :)  Thanks for reading!  Happy New Year! 

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I love this post Brick! Not only did you have a wonderful year, but it reminded me that I did too :)! We are both so so blessed!!!

Followers

Total Pageviews

Labels

5 things (8) adventure (11) airport (2) alabama (3) animals (27) April Photo Challenge (30) Austin TX (6) autumn (23) awesome (41) baking with brie (23) beach (28) Biltmore Estate (51) black and white (112) Bloomington (89) BPS (2) broad ripple (32) bubbles (1) business (1) California (93) camera (1) challenge (2) Chicago (13) Christmas (31) church (9) Colorado (1) country (36) dance party (8) deviantART (1) downtown (133) dramatic (2) exercise (3) fall (14) family (48) Florida (64) flowers (103) friends (344) fun (52) glamor shots (10) goals (10) guest blogger (2) home (141) humor (11) IMA (21) Indy North Side (42) kids (61) kitties (7) Las Vegas (22) Make-A-Wish (3) me (20) miscellaneous (13) model (8) music (24) myrtle beach (17) nature (124) Ohio (9) Oregon (1) philanthropy (1) photography (43) pigs (1) polyvore (1) reunion (7) roadtrip (3) roncalli (9) Seattle (22) senior pictures (4) shopping (2) silly (18) simple (20) snow (4) South Bend (3) sports (15) STL (13) summer (19) sunshine (2) tennessee (3) travel (429) triplets (8) vacation (33) Washington (4) water (41) wedding (130) wedding info (3) winter (9) work (4) yummy food (94)

Blog Archive